I believe that there are more than 40 million singles in America an no doubt many are looking for love. But perhaps they have been looking in all the wrong places. Perhaps it isn’t a two-legged soulmate they need in their lives but one with four paws and a tail.
This year Best Friends Animal Society has published a list of 14 very compelling reasons as to why you may be looking for love in all the wrong places and the Society’s CEO Gregory Castle says it best:
“Ask just about any pet owner and they’ll tell you, dogs and cats provide them with a lot of joy, comfort and companionship. And with so many dogs and cats in shelters or rescues waiting to be your one and only, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time of year to adopt a pet.”
And to endorse the idea of puppy love or unconditional feline affection, here is the list:
1. Pets won’t play hard to get.
2. Pets won’t break up with you on Twitter.
3. Pets won’t mock you for eating ice cream out of the carton.
4. Pets will never take the last beer.
5. Pets don’t care what kind of car you drive.
6. Pets love binge watching “Orange is the New Black” as much as you do.
7. Pets have no desire to trade you in for a newer model.
8. Pets couldn’t care less about your hair or what you wear.
9. Pets love it when you leave your clothes on the floor (instant nap spot!).
10. Pets won’t look at their smartphone when you are trying to have a conversation.
11. Pets are cheap dates – no fancy dinners or expensive jewelry required.
12. Pets drooling and snoring are pretty cute. Humans, not so much.
13. Pets will snuggle whenever you want.
14. Pets think every day is Valentine’s Day – just one more chance to show you unconditional love!
To further promote prospective people and pet matches, Best Friends Animal Society is offering $10 adoptions during “The One” promotion taking place February 13-16 at its adoption centers in Utah, New York, or Los Angeles, as well as through participating No More Homeless Pets Network partners across the country. More information about the promotion can be found by visiting http://bestfriends.org/TheOne/.