The typical cat lover stereotype used to be a middle-aged lady with purple hair and cats eye-styled glasses. Well, thankfully the Internet has changed all that! There is no longer a stereotype cat person. Every one and any one can be cat people – and this most definitely includes men.
In my house, Fudge loves everyone but has a very special relationship with my husband and its reciprocal to say the least. He won’t move off the couch if she is sleeping on him. He worries where she is if she is not in sight. And what is so heart-warming is that I know he is not alone. There are thankfully many cat people out there who are equally besotted and caring.
There is no question that men are definitely cat people too. Recently Purina Pro Plan launched an competition on Instagram and Twitter asking people to share fabulous photographs of men and their cats. And more than 14 000 people obliged. The winners now grace a 2016 calendar called, you guessed it – Men and Cats.
The idea was to dispel the cat people stereotype and at the same time draw attention to how diets for cat have changed too at people become more educated about feline diets and a cat’s basic nutritional needs. It makes it much easier to buy the best diet you can afford when armed with information …
So stand by for an eye-candy alert. Mr. January is Giles Marini with his gorgeous kitty Penelope and the rest of the year features the winners of the Purina Pro Plan competition in this order.
- January – Gilles Marini and Penelope
- February – James Petix and Fin, Los Angeles, Calif.
- March – Joel Smallbone and Adelina, Franklin, Tenn.
- April – James Benedict and Mr. Eggs, Thomasville, Ga.
- May – John Zeigler and George, Tumwater, Wash.
- June – Matthew Eagan and Inny, Placerville, Calif.
- July – Peter Mikhail and Luna, Wesley Chapel, Fla.
- August – Chris Nguyen and Kuma, Rahway, N.J.
- September –Tyler Smith and Moose, Smith Bottom, N.J.
- October – Santino Nava and Tesla, Tacoma, Wash.
- November – Dwayne Molock (@iAmMoshow) and Sushi, Tali & Megamam, Portland, Ore.
- December – Jon Lorentz and Beamer, Orange County, Calif.
The 2016 Extraordinary Men and Cats Calendars are being donated as a fundraising initiative to Purina Pro Plan Rally to Rescue, a network of hundreds of small rescue groups nationwide, allowing them to raise money for their organizations as they work to give all cats the love, care and forever homes they deserve.
The winners will also receive a year supply of Purina Pro Plan’s new Savor Shredded Blend, an all-new mealtime experience that combines crunchy kibble and tender meaty shreds to provide both extraordinary nutrition and exceptional taste.
In order to buy the 2016 Purina Pro Plan Extraordinary Men and Cats Calendar, find a rescue group near you here.
This post was sponsored by the Nestle Purina PetCare Company. However, all opinions are my own. I only write about topics, events and products that I consider readers will consider useful information and relevant to their interests.